Monday, August 4, 2008

Yuba Lake

Here are some pictures from our trip with Jason's family to Yuba Lake. The wind was blowing pretty good so what i thought was going to be two full days of skiing turned out to be about a ten minute rocky ride on the slalom ski. It did make for some pretty fun tubing though! Everyone had a great time and B even learned a new trick while we were there...





The first try she got used to the pull, the second try she was up...and then she was down and by the third try she was skiing like a pro. I was one proud momma! And if you are wondering whether little b braved the water this picture pretty much says it all...





I can't say i blame her...the water was a bit chilly. She was a little daredevil on the tube though!





This is my adorable nephew K, who we just don't see often enough. Yup, pretty sure he's not gettin' any sun!

I will try to post some more from our trip later. No promises though...I just got the new Twilight book and Edward is calling my name!

3 comments:

amy said...

Oh wow, look at Brynli, skiing like a pro and all . . . she must get that from you! It looks like you guys had a fun time.

Mama Thompson said...

Nice work B....wish I could be skiing with you!

E said...

So you guys actually go out in nature and do active stuff over the summer, rather than stay inside and play Nintendo? Hmm, we should try that. Mentioning Edward at the end was a cruel trick, though. The hole in my heart immediately reopened and I had to grasp my chest to keep from falling apart.

I've been dying to know your kid's mysterious names, and me thinks someone spilled the beans on one. Ahem. Naw, I actually think you had already mentioned it, and then I recalled it from way-back-when. Anyway, so-cute name for a so-cute girl. What is it with you Atwoods and your rare beauty? Are you guys like vampires or something?

But I'm still racking my brain for the rest of those names. I'm gonna take a stab at them, and you tell me if I'm right. Beyonce, Jay-z, and Stefani (pronounced like Gwen Stefani).