
Monday, August 1, 2011
the fourth.
This is one holiday done right. We cram as much as we can into one day, starting with a BBQ and swim at our house. We play our traditional water games, put on our festive tattoos, eat a lot of good food, take lots of pictures and then we make our way to my aunts house for our newest fourth of July tradition...our family parade! We started it last year. It was such a hit that we had to do it again this year. We march around the neighborhood on our decorated bikes, strollers, wagons, with Coming to America blasting in the background. My aunt throws out candy to the spectators (aka people in their driveways doing their fireworks). This year we even had a grand marshal. I wouldn't be surprised if next year we added floats. The whole thing is quite hilarious to me, I absolutely love it! After the huge parade we settle down on my aunt's lawn to watch our amazing firework show. Our party pretty much rocks...just like our country!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
How much fun is that!? i love every part of that celebration, down to the red white and blue cupcakes. The whole day looks like a feature in Family Fun magazine. In fact you should get them to feature you guys doing the exact same thing next year!
Your spectacular photography looks straight out of a magazine too, girl!
Anyway, one funny thing I caught is Jason's face in one of the parade pics. He looks like he is not having such a fun time! (I am sure he was, it's just funny to see his expression)
Your family is awesome!
Awesome! I love the fourth too. Maybe we could join you one year!
Jamee
xoxo
P.S. I missed seeing you guys at th reunion!
I love your pics! I need to know how you made your picture collages. Did you just resized your pics in photoshop, or do you have some templates?
Post a Comment