Momsie had her eightieth birthday the end of June. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love and adore her. If you know her, then you are lucky. I am especially lucky because she is my grandma.
She sent out a text the day of her birthday telling everyone to meet at Simplott Hill at 6:00 p.m. with a helium balloon and a hard boiled egg. She also told us to bring an index card with a "wish of our heart" on it. Mine said I wish to travel the world, most of my kids wished for a puppy, except for Jace who wished for all the legos in the world, my sister's said "may the force be with you", my mom wished for two tacos from Jack in the box, and Jason wished Mitt Romney were president. We tied our wishes on the end of our balloons, hiked up to the top of Simplott's, sang "Happy Birthday", and then let our balloons go. As for the hard boiled eggs, we had an egg roll down the hill, just like we used to do every Easter when Momsie and Popsie lived in their old house. It was a great celebration. Happy Birthday Momsie! We love you.






1 comment:
Wow, Momsie is still a looker. I see where you get your good looks from :)
Post a Comment