Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our very own Violet.

This is our drama queen. Her challenge program put on an adorable production of Charlie and the Chocolate factory, complete with oompa loompas and a chocolate river. She chose to play the part of Violet, which meant she got to chew gum...lots of it. She was a natural.









Today I was listening as my four year old son was trying to teach his two year old sister how to play "hot cross buns" on the piano. He changed the lyrics to "hot dog buns", because of course that makes a lot more sense. What are hot cross buns anyway? He would show her how to play it and when he was done she would try playing and every time he would say, "no, it's three notes like this"...Then she would patiently watch while he showed her again. Their little conversation back and forth was too cute. It put a smile on my face and reminded me why I absolutely love being a momma!

7 comments:

amy said...

Way to go, Brynli! We're so proud of you.

The Mrs. said...

Hot Dog Buns!?!

He was so right. It does make much more sense that way.

What a tender moment.
And violet was beautiful and I bet she was awesome!
Jamee
xoxo

Memzy said...

So still no answer to the "what's a hot cross bun?" question?

That set is amazing btw! Those kids must have worked hard!

Jana said...

AUGUSTUS GLOOP. AUGUSTUS GLOOP. They said it with such enthusiasm. And Brynli was the best darn Violet I've ever seen.

Carol said...

I love the hot dog bums and how sweet a big brother can be! And tell Brynli she was beautiful! I bet she did a great job playing the roll of Violet!

Fujitales said...

I too love it when my kids are teaching each other something, and playing together without fighting. I feel like these days it seems to be few and far between!

E said...

I love it! Nothing better than seeing your kid in an adorable school play. Cord just found out that he got a part in his drama club production of A Midsummer's Night Dream. He's so excited.