Friday, May 11, 2012

Broken hearted and footed.

Brooklyn was moving a balance beam at gymnastics and it slipped out of her hand and  landed right on her foot. It was a little bitter sweet for this child of mine. On the one hand I think getting crutches was secretly a dream come true for her. This is the girl who always has some part of her body wrapped up in an ace bandage, and her face did kind of light up when the Dr. walked in the room with crutches for her. But on the other hand, it was really bad timing. We were leaving early the next morning for a dance convention/competition in Ogden. Brooklyn's team wasn't competing but we signed her up to take classes. She was in tears when I told her she probably wasn't going to be able to go now that her foot was broken. She begged me to still come along and watch and promised me that she would be alright. After a day of hobbling around Ogden with sore armpits I think she realized that crutches weren't all that they're cracked up to be. So she spent most of the time laying around the hotel room watching tv and resting, which she was more than happy to do. She was a little trooper! And even though she was sad she wasn't able to dance, I'm pretty sure this made up for it...


She did say it was the best day of her life :) She also told me a few days ago that she didn't realize how much she loved dance until she couldn't do it. It won't be long before she is back at it! But until then, she does look pretty cute on those crutches!

2 comments:

amy said...

So sad! But look on the bright side, she is now twins with her American Girl :)

Natalie in Sparks said...

that's so sad...I hope it heals up fast! I used to want a cast on my arm so bad when I was a kid, so that I could go to school and get all the kids to sign it - so I understand at first thinking it's kind of cool to break a bone!