Last week we went bowling with the kids and the alley had a sweet selection of song tunes going on. This one song started playing that i hadn't heard in a really long time ("Love Walks In" by Van Halen, in case you were wondering) and for some reason memories of visiting my cousins in california came flooding back to me. Those are some of my favorite memories...we had some great times! So, here's to cousins, and great music, and hoping that when my kids are my age and they hear a Hannah Montana or High School Musical song it will remind them of their summer visits with their cousins and put a huge smile on their face!
Aren't cousins the best? I grew up with about 70 on one side of my family, and zero on the other. You can imagine which side of the family was funner to visit.
BTW, I took my boys to an old roller skating rink, and they were playing all kinds of 80s/early90s songs. By the end, I was craving a Crystal Pepsi. (<--true story)
5 comments:
Such cute pics. You really had a lot of flooding memories last week from songs...the nelsons and van halen. What kind of music did you listen to?? :)
Were the B'nerds or Tommy Page included in those flashbacks?!
Good Times!
Aren't cousins the best? I grew up with about 70 on one side of my family, and zero on the other. You can imagine which side of the family was funner to visit.
BTW, I took my boys to an old roller skating rink, and they were playing all kinds of 80s/early90s songs. By the end, I was craving a Crystal Pepsi. (<--true story)
bowling...what a great idea! I haven't been bowling in forever.
Your photos are awesome by the way.
So B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! Love your pictures (always) and love the cute story.
Post a Comment