Tuesday, December 13, 2011

notes and stuff.


A sweet note from Jace to Popsie on his 83rd birthday.

"Thank you for fighting the war for us.
From, Jace S."

And he left this little gem under my dinner plate the other night...

"Dear mom,
I love you so much!!!!
I love you like the gold
power ranger."

I keep this one smack dab in the middle of my refrigerator, so when I feel like a complete failure I can be reminded that I have reached gold power ranger status.  And that, my friends, is quite an accomplishment!

Now for the stuff.  Two stories that I don't want to ever forget.

Jace and Stella were watching TV and during every single commercial Stella would exclaim "I want that for Christmas"..."I want that for Christmas", sound familiar? I reminded her that Santa probably wouldn't be able to bring her everything she wanted.  Jace agreed and said "Yeah Stella, because my library teacher is still waiting for her bikini." I was like "What? Her bikini?" and Jace was all, "yeah, it's been on the top of her wish list for a long time and she's still waiting for it".  Strange, but whatever. The next day we went to the book fair at school.  I told the librarian what Jace said to Stella and she exclaimed, "Lamborghini, not bikini!"  We could not stop laughing.  I have a feeling she might be changing her "wish list".

The other day I helped in Jace's classroom and his teacher told me he stood up to do the calendar after recess and said "Aww man, I'm sweaty. I'm sweating like a platypus." She laughed and asked "A platypus? Why a platypus? Do platypus's sweat a lot?" Jace was all "Yeah, they sweat milk." His teacher said all the kids were nodding their heads and agreeing so she googled it and sure enough, platypus's sweat milk.  I guess I need to thank Phineas and Ferb for making my child a genius. 

3 comments:

Jami said...

cracks me up!

Andersons said...

He is one funny little dude!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Sooo cute and funny!!! What a hoot that boy is! LOVED your Christmas card, btw. :)